Friday, April 27, 2012

A bag switcher and small transformations

The Bag Switcher from Organice
I love small entrepreneurs. It really thrills me when someone turns a passion or even an interest into something that makes some money or even just gives them something to look forward to. Thanks to my brother-in-law Flanian and his wife Nalini, some of my handmade jewellery is now on Swiss and Dutch necks. It makes me happy – though I haven’t made any pieces for over two years... I will go back to doing it someday, I know.
In the meanwhile, I’d like to introduce you to two duos I admire.
The first is the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law team of Nita and Riddhi Doshi that brings you Organice products (I love the name!). I have their Bag Switcher. It’s just the thing for people like me who leave half the stuff behind when changing bags. I’ve also bought their handbag hanger – and it’s shown me I have tooooo many bags!

The handbag hanger from Organice 
Organice’s scarf holder


Other products include a scarf hanger and the Wash Me Wear Me lingerie sorter, which I seriously need to get. This week, at Cochin Airport, the guys Xraying the baggage made me open out my bag because my tribal man pendant gave them the heebie-jeebies. All I could think about was whether I would be spilling unmentionables on the checking table. Incidentally, I’ve never met Nita or Riddhi, don’t know them, just love their BagSwitcher. You need to look for Organice on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/organiceit); leave the Doshis a message and they will get back to you with an order form and PDF catalogue.

Remember the woman in that serial Goodness Gracious Me who always came home from a fancy dinner and said she could have made it at home with a small aubergine? Well, two girls are working that disgruntled attitude to your advantage. Their blog is called The Material Girls (http://twomaterialgirls.tumblr.com/) – and that, admittedly, is all I know of them. Can’t even remember how I found them in the first place, but I really enjoy how they transform stuff – even without aubergines!

The Indian Inside post on The Material Girls


 


The button bib necklace post on The Material Girls

I love the Indian Inside post (how to give your bra strap a desi touch), and the dressed-up disposable glasses, even the guest post on the button bib necklace
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Organice seems to be just what I have been waiting for to get a little organiced in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of them, Prima! Thank you for sharing. Have already written to ask for the Organice catalogue. And I wish the material girls also retailed, I'm not very crafty, but I love to shop!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you've visited - leave a comment!