Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Things to make with cans: Nigella’s Sardine Pate


I'm always looking for things to do with cans, and we try to have a few cans of tuna in the house to dump into a pasta sauce. 
This time, it was sardines, which usually only Kevin likes. 

  • 1 x 120g tin sardines in oil 
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice 
  • 2oz softened unsalted butter 
  • fresh chopped parsley to taste 
  • salt and ground white pepper to taste
Mix together, spoon into fancy serving ramekin and refrigerate till needed.

I just added the ingredients to the sardines as I went, not measuring, I mean, and it turned out to be a wonderful pate for toast. 
I did not use a food processor, just mashed with spoon and fork.
We had no parsley, so there was no parsley in our pate. 
Still, all gone. And it’s super easy – the biggest challenge was finding the tin opener.

If you have something you make out of a tin, do share it with us. Kevin does this baked beans thing that went down particularly well at my mother-in-law’s birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you've visited - leave a comment!