Zach will be 12 on May 15! Unimaginable almost.
Anyway, while he is in Mangalore – exploring the neighbourhood, playing with his uncle Sujay who is some four months younger than him, the new dog Simple, a tree house of sorts Dada has had him built, and generally running riot – I am planning what I hope will be his last organised birthday party. He will be a teenager next year!
So, I’ve decided we’re having a Charlie Chaplin party. Perhaps because I’ve bought the return gifts and they are Chaplin DVDs. It seems a good way to start planning a party, right?
So this is what I have:
· Decor – black and white balloons, white streamers, white plates, spoons, forks, etc; black napkins
· Activities -- watching a Chaplin revue (none of the shorts are on any of the return gifts, I checked), taking an easy quiz on the movie, a dress-up corner (to paint on the toothbrush moustache), a photo shoot corner with props like the walking stick, bowler hat and bow tie...
· Return gifts – Chaplin DVDs, wrapped in black and white newspaper and tied with black ribbon
· And ta da, the food
- Bianca will make me a black and white cake. Bi?
- I was also thinking of Oreo sundaes – vanilla ice cream, crushed Oreos (now in India!) and some black candy from Crawford Market.