Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Managing...

I've had three designation changes in a year. This last one is the most interesting, since it epitomises my life's ambitions -- to be organised in such a way that there is only 20% scope for the unexpected at any time. We joke at work that it's all about managing the editor, and it is in a way, but more than that, managing the gals (bless them -- at least today, when I've been away and am feeling kindly) and so that I can handle these, managing the men in my life, and in lesser degree, the house and housekeeper. It's simpler in a way. I have a most efficient assistant, Harshal, who wakes up every morning with an urge to learn something new (the only thing I've managed to not let her take over in some degree is subbing!), Kevin is beautifully self sufficient thanks to my beloved mom-in-law, and the wunderkid is finally coming into his stride. But what keeps me really sane is the fact that I now leave office by about 6:15 and go back at 9:30 if I am needed to sign and something... Other people think it's insane, I think it vindicates why I have stayed with Femina 14 years... The office is 15 minutes away by scooter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you've visited - leave a comment!